Monday, July 7, 2014

Our 4th of July {2014}

I absolutely love the 4th of July! It's my second most favorite holiday right behind Christmas. It's definitely a close second.


 The day was beautiful so we decided to head out of the house and do something fun. We were going to take Rowen to a splash pad downtown but it was unfortunately closed b/c of the fireworks show that evening. So I had the idea of taking him to the "dragon park"! I use to play there when I was little and we hadn't taken him there before. I knew he would love it and he sure did! If you live in Nashville, you have to take your kids there. It's a fun park and has a huge dragon made out of thousands of ceramic tiles. 


After the park we headed home for lunch. Rowen got pushed( he hasn't mastered the pedaling yet )around on his trike before he ate...

{I didn't notice this till after the picture but this photo is very patriotic!! I love it!}

We didn't really make plans for the evening. As much fun as downtown is for the fireworks show, it just isn't a great place for a 2 year old and a 7 month old! haha. Maybe next year! I love fireworks so I was kind of bummed about not going but we headed over to my parents house to grill out and shoot off fireworks in their driveway. Side note: did you hear that Nashville had the second largest fireworks show only behind NYC?! Pretty cool! 


It was a nice day. We all had fun!



1 comment:

  1. Glad y'all had a great 4th! We wanted to watch fireworks, too, but instead of heading downtown, we went to Crockett Park in Brentwood! MUCH more family friendly and I was very impressed with the quality!

    ReplyDelete