We finally got our internet and U-VERSE hooked up Saturday afternoon...just in time for College football games! Although the first UT game was on pay-per-view( we didn't pay to watch it ), we enjoyed watching a few other games that day. I already think Rowen is a football fan! He sure looks good in his orange and white gear...
{If you're thinking "why is he looking towards the ground in most of these pics", it's because our tv is on the ground. We are going to hang it above the fireplace but just haven't gotten to it yet!}
Saturday morning we actually went to pick up our first CSA box. Just in case you haven't heard of CSA it stands for Community Supported Agriculture. Brent wanted to try it and the farm that we chose to get ours from has a box that you pay for weekly. No long term commitments. We payed for a small box and got to load it up with fruits and veggies that are in season right now. We got all kinds of yummy foods. My favorite part of the box this week are the yellow tomatoes. I LOVE the flavor of yellow tomatoes!
They also had beautiful fresh flowers so I made a little bouquet to put in our kitchen.
Sunday afternoon we went to A Day out with Thomas. Rowen loves trains especially Thomas and Friends right now so we knew he would love going to this event. When we told him we were going to see Thomas, he grinned from ear to ear and started running around the house giggling...no joke!
See! haha. Running and giggling with Thomas and James in tow!
We actually got to ride on a train too.
He got a little Thomas tattoo. The event was so much fun and I'm so glad we took him. His excitement about every little thing was a joy to watch!
While Rowen was napping on Monday, Brent and I got out in the yard and worked a bit. He mowed the front yard and cleared out a bunch of brush from the back. I took up most of the pine straw the previous owners were using around the bushes and tress. Both Brent and I think it looked junky. We are opting for the regular kind of mulch that looks neat and tidy.
We grilled out that evening and had delicious burgers covered in chipotle gouda cheese. It was a great weekend filled with lots of fun activities!






Fun weekend! Our little boy loves trains in general now too - we call them choos! Can't wait to see more of your house.
ReplyDeleteI love farmer's markets & football season! I think that CSA box is a great idea. I always try to go to the local fresh markets but haven't seen any boxes like that yet. And that grill out sounds so nice...reminds me of fall! :)
ReplyDelete