Monday, September 9, 2013

Little of this...Little of that.

Just a little update on how our weekend went...
Friday night we met some friends for one of Brent's friends birthday. We went to City House. Nashville is becoming quite a foodie city! Lots of new little restaurants are opening up and I love trying them out...so does Brent. Honestly most of the menu at City House didn't sound good to me but I did find 2 appetizers that I got for my entree and they were delicious! 

I got the summer sausage, apples, and buttermilk cheddar plate along with the olives and taralli. Taralli is similar to a pretzel. Mine was very savory and had a strong flavor of fennel. Even though it was quite tasty, I probably won't return. I'm not really into strange food which City House had quite a but of. I do however like normal food with a twist which some new restaurants in the area are fixing.

Saturday morning we headed to a princess birthday party for Miss Sarah( my cousin, Angie's daughter ). She turned 2. She is just 6 weeks older than my sweet Rowen! It was fun and Rowen had a blast running around their house and playing in Sarah's playroom.

{enjoying a large piece of chocolate cake}


Saturday afternoon Rowen enjoyed some time in his room "reading" some of his books! haha. I love watching him flip through books. He did NOT get that from me but I'm so glad he loves books. 

You know what's really great about having a house?! Getting to have a grill! Brent and I love grilled food. He went out and bought one the first week we were here in our new house. And we have already used it a lot. Saturday night he grilled burgers and I made homemade fries from some potatoes that we got from our CSA last weekend. Everything was delicious!!

{Homemade fries. I just cut the potatoes in half then cut strips from each half...sprinkled them with olive oil, seasoned salt, and pepper and then popped them in the oven for 45-50 minutes. They turned out great and were delicious!}

{Yumm-o!}

We have some critters who live in our neighborhood and I'm not talking squirrels or rabbits( even though we have those). A baby deer and her mom frequent our backyard often...apparently we have a tasty bush that the fawn loves. 
We spotted the baby Saturday evening while we were making dinner. This is right outside our kitchen window. We have some woods in our backyard that her and her mom always come out of pretty much everyday! And on our walk the other morning, Rowen and I ran up on the huge flock of turkeys that have made our neighborhood their home. 
That's just 2 of about 10 that run around together. They were all there...I just couldn't get them all in the picture. I think it's kind of neat to have them around since they usually reside in the country. 

Annnnddddd, I'll leave you with the cutest face ever! He is the happiest, most fun loving, little ball of energy ever and I LOVE it!! Cutest giggly smile I have ever seen.


1 comment:

  1. Do homemade french fries end up very crispy? How fun that you have wild turkeys running around!

    ReplyDelete