Monday, October 17, 2011

Hellooooo Nesting!

It started about 2 or 3 weeks ago and since baby Rowen is not here yet, it's still going on! What is IT you might be asking...nesting! I have been deep cleaning our entire condo at least twice a week! Yes, twice a week for the past 3 weeks. Today was one of those "nesting days". I cleaned the kitchen...counters, sink, floor, cabinets..etc, I cleaned both bathrooms...tubs, toilets, sinks and counters, I cleaned the bedrooms and the dining room. And I love doing it! I have always loved to clean so the whole nesting thing is fun! It passes time and makes our whole condo smell super clean :)

I vacuum his room at least twice a week! I want it to be super clean when he gets here.

I look through those cubes a few times a week as if I don't know what's in them! But it's just fun looking through his things :)

The hall bathroom has been super clean for weeks now! I love that it always smells like scrubbing bubbles!! I have gotten into all the creases and crevices. 

The master bathroom has been transformed a little bit into Rowen's bathroom. All his towels, washcloths, and body washes/lotions are all organized and ready for when we use them to make his little body smell baby-licious! 

I even have the frog pod up on the wall.

Even though this might sound like a crazy person, most mother's-to-be go through this "nesting phase". I just want everything to be clean and ready for his arrival. I know that neither Brent nor I will want to clean house for a little while after we bring Rowen home so I just want to keep it clean and organized while I have the energy to. Tomorrow we go to the doctor for our weekly visit. I just have a feeling that I am much closer than I was last week to having Rowen here. I know I say this all the time but Brent and I are sooooo ready for him to be here. We can't wait to meet him :)

             

2 comments:

  1. Did Brent finish the flooring project? I can't wait to see it.

    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kelly,
    Are you talking about the kitchen floor?? If so it's a September post titled "updates and a new floor". If thats not what you are talking about...let me know what it was!
    -Rachel-

    ReplyDelete