Friday, October 7, 2011

37 weeks...3 more weeks!...3 more weeks!

In 21 days...maybe sooner :) baby Easley will be here! I stay anxious...I can't help it! After one of my many bathroom breaks EARLY this morning, I got back into bed and laid awake for about an hour just wondering about when my body is going to say "alright, it's time!", I wondered about labor pains, the epidural, how long I'll be in labor, etc...etc...my mind would not turn off so I almost just got up at 5:30am but thankfully fell back asleep. 


 BabyFruit Ticker

Well, it's finally here...watermelon status! Baby is approximately the size of a small watermelon. It looks and feels like I am carrying around a watermelon under my shirt for sure :) I am technically full term today...yay! Every day I anticipate labor pains. I want them to come already. I'm ready for them b/c when they come, Rowen will be here soon after. I just can't wait to meet him. Brent can't wait to meet him either :) I ran into 2 ladies that I know earlier today and they were telling me that all of their kids came early. I think this is what is making me anxious! Every baby story that has been shared with me lately has been about how so and so's baby actually came earlier than expected. I pray everyday for him to arrive earlier than October 28th but this might be one of those prayers were God says "no no, patience Rachel" or maybe not!

This week baby is around 6.5 pounds. I might ask Monday at my doctor visit if she can tell me about how much he weighs right now! Total length is around 21 inches. At this point, baby doesn't get much longer if any. As I mentioned before, baby is head down. Dr. Kyzer even made sure with an ultrasound this past week. Rowen hasn't lowered into the birth canal yet but is close apparently. I will spare details but this past week Dr. Kyzer manually checked me and will be doing this each visit now just to check effacement and dilation...Ouch! It was painful. I am NOT looking forward to that on Monday! On the to-do list this week is to make sure you write out a birth plan. I am wondering if this is necessary?? Can't I just tell them verbally what I want and don't want during labor/delivery?! I guess I might forget something  in the moment and that's why I need to write it down. 

37 Weeks - October 7, 2011

37 Weeks

And here are a few more maternity pictures from last weekend:





            



2 comments:

  1. Who took the maternity photos? I love her work.

    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  2. Who took your maternity photos? They are beautiful.

    Kelly

    ReplyDelete