Sunday, November 14, 2010

Oh no they didn't!...

 Oh yes we did! I sat at work on Friday and was just itching to put up Christmas decorations that night. Growing up, we had always put up our Christmas tree and decorated the house the day after Thanksgiving. I have done that still until this year! Brent and I were feeling very "holiday=ish" Friday night so we decided to listen to Christmas music from one of our On Demand t.v. stations and pull all of the Christmas decorations out. We also went to Target and got some new ornaments. We have mostly a RED and GOLD theme going on throughout our place. From the tree ornaments to the wreaths to the garland, everything is festive and sparkly!! 

                                     Getting everything out...


                                  Leo in the Christmas Tree box!
and both of the cats in the garland...hmmm wondering if the tree will survive!


The tree that we have already has the lights on it. I love that every year we can just leave the lights on and fold it up. I think unravelling the lights off of those plastic holders is a pain! Soooo I'm glad that the lights just stay on the tree. We found this ornament @ Target and had to get it!




My eyes always catch sparkly/glittery things!(ask any of my girlfriends and they can tell you all you need to know about my love of a sparkle! ) I love Brent for MANY reasons... I picked this up and he told me that I had to have it! Love him!


The BIGGEST holiday ball ever!


                                It's hanging in the dining room :)


                                                 Our Tree!


       Ginormous glass bowl on our dining room table filled with ornaments

This is in the living room along with another one just like it. I made this wreath and the other one like it last year. 

I didn't know what to do with an extra strand of garland...this is what I decided on! It's in the hall bathroom.

A view from the dining room looking into the living room...

We hope everyone has a fun time decorating like we did!! And on a finishing note...one of our favorite desserts and my favorite ornament  :)

        



2 comments:

  1. Oh I love the Decorations! I would definitely go ahead and decorate if I didn't think it is going to be a headache this year with Connor wanting everything he can't have. Where did you get the jar that is full of ornaments in your hall bathroom? I am needing to get some to use for candy at Connors 1st bday party!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I love decorating!! We got the jars @ Michael's and Hobby Lobby. They're the ones that we used for the "candy bar" @ our wedding....We have 6 or 7 that you can definitely borrow so that you don't have to buy them! They're all different shapes. -Rachel

    ReplyDelete