Monday, November 8, 2010

HOT?-lanta

When the girls go away, the boys stay at home and play OR when the boys stay, the girls go away and play! Either way, it happened this past weekend! One of my best friends, Meredith, is getting married on NYE(which i had written about in a few posts back). So this weekend was her bachelorette party in Atlanta. I'll get to more of that in a minute...
So what do boys do when their wives/girlfriends go away?? They play XBOX of course! Brent told me that while I would be away he was going to cook chili and have some of his friends over to play XBOX...




                                                   Prine
                                                   Frank
                                                  Brent






So Prine, Frank, Michael, and Brent played hours of XBOX at our place and I'm sure stayed up doing this until they couldn't keep their eyes open!


I went to Atlanta for the weekend with 9 other girls and we had such a great time. I hadn't been to Atlanta in a few years so I was excited to go and hang out! On the way, we hit an ice storm on top of Mont Eagle Mountain! BURR.
This is Angie fixing our "bully"! haha It's the name of that luggage thing on top of the car. We never take a girls trip w/out it. SO when we hit the ice storm, we decided to stop and put a tarp over it because it couldn't zip all of the way. 
                       Front seat - Erika and Meredith( the "bach" )
                              Middle seat - Angie and Ann Marie
                                Back seat - Kate and myself
                             and the other 4 were on the way...


Our hotel was a boutique hotel and was so pretty and nice. It was called Hotel Palomar. I really wanted the fireplace!
Pretty neat, huh?!

We went to eat that night at a place called Tin Lizzy's. It a Mexican place that was oh so yummy! The chips and the tacos were fabulous. 



Meredith was the *Star* of the weekend( of course! ) but her blue boa came in at a close second Friday night! haha
                                        Angie and Meredith :)


The Purple Girls!...this was actually a total coincidence. All so pretty! :)

 On Saturday we all slept in, grabbed lunch, went shopping...all that kind of stuff. On Saturday night we went to a restaurant called Shout. It's very trendy & has very fun atmosphere. I had been here before and new what I was getting before we even got there! -SUSHI!!- I love sushi and new that Shout had some yummy rolls...

Before we left on Sunday, we stopped by a store that I had never been to before but have drooled over all their items online. Nashville really needs one!! Drum roll please....

Yes...IKEA!! I wanted the entire store! Good thing our car was busting at the seams or I would have done some serious damage :) I really loved a lot of their lighting and I have always thought that if you change the light fixture in a room, it totally can change the look. So I got this super cute chandelier for our living room. It's really cute and added some more pizaz to our already cute and trendy living room.
this is a picture of it in the catalog and....




This is it in our living room! Yay! Atlanta was so much fun and I had a blast with all of the girls!


                                               

1 comment:

  1. How much fun! I would love to go to ikea! Once Connor doesn't depend on me to eat, we should go to Atlanta for a shopping weekend. Or Chicago. Or NYC! Haha

    ReplyDelete