Thursday, November 11, 2010

Veterans in the Family

USA :)  I love anything/any day that is Patriotic. The 4th of July is a close close second to Christmas for me! Most will think that's crazy but I love this warm fuzzy feeling I get on that day. I had that feeling today. Even though I was crammed behind a computer and sitting at a desk all day I was thinking of what the world outside of my window was doing. If I hadn't had to go to work today( like Brent! ), I would have loved to be at a Veteran's Day Parade! 


                                       Downtown Nashville


I thought about both of my grandpa's today. They both served in different wars.One in the Korean War and the other in World War 2. One grandpa was in the Navy and one in the Air Force. I emailed my granny in West Virginia to get some more details of when my grandpa served in the Air Force.


 He served in the Korean War. He was stationed at Goose Bay Labrador in Canada. He enlisted in December of 1952 and his job was an aircraft & engine mechanic. 
This is the only picture of me and my Grandpa Perry that I have on the computer! This was when I was?? 1 or 2...


My Papa Simons( my dad's dad ) was in World War 2 and I don't have as much info on where he was stationed but I do have a great picture of him in his uniform with my granny( who was really pretty! ) that I will have to upload soon!




And once again, this is the only picture that I have on my computer of me and my Papa Simons!


                                         God Bless America.







No comments:

Post a Comment