The Boulevard Bolt(if you don't know) is a 5 mile run/walk( run for me and Brent!) up one side of Belle Meade Blvd and back down the other. I really couldn't imagine my Thanksgiving day without it! It is truly the perfect start to a perfect day! I can hardly sleep the night before and wake up the morning of just so excited! There are thousands of people and everyone has this cheery, upbeat attitude. It's awesome to smile and fellowship w/people that you don't even know! The Blvd is definitely the place to be Thanksgiving Day morning! Brent and I are so excited and we're ready to get our run on(and then get our eat on)!!
This is a picture from I believe last year! This is at the start of the race so obviously it thins out after mile one or so! If you register( the money that's collected through registration goes to the homeless) you get a longsleeve t-shirt. The design of this years shirt is actually the first pic above. It's cute! My favorite shirt is from the year 2001 and I wear it every year...I guess it's a tradition for me! Brent and I run it and my parents walk it every year. I think Brent's mom, Becky, is doing it this year and that's so exciting! My best friends, Beth and Robin, will be there and other friends that Brent and I know. Like I said it's just so fun and a great way to start Thanksgiving Day morning!!



No comments:
Post a Comment