I started my baby weight weight loss journey last Sunday and decided to document it here on the blog. I will be taking weekly pics( every Sunday )of my weight on the scale and share what exercises I did that week. I'll also be taking pictures of myself every now and then to document the weight loss and muscle building/toning that will be happening. I got down to my pre-pregnancy weight in about 6 months after I had Rowen so hopefully it will happen just as quickly this time around! I know it will take time and lots of patience.
I went into the hospital the day Isla was born weighing 170...eek! I gained 50 lbs with her. So I would like to get back down to 120( my pre-pregnancy weight )in the next few months.
I stepped on the scale on January 12th in the afternoon to find I was already down to 145 lbs and I hadn't begun to workout yet! Down 25 with 20 to go.
Since it's freezing cold outside, Brent and I joined a gym about 90 seconds away from our house. Yes, I do train at a gym and workout when I'm there but for days when I don't go to my gym, the gym down the street is super convenient! So I headed to the gym the evening of the 12th and worked out for about 45 minutes. I hadn't run in months so running on the treadmill felt weird plus my core is weak so it was for sure challenging. I have been a runner for years. It's something I just love to do. But doing cardio at this point is not fun in the least bit but I know what I have to do to get back to my normal strong girl self! I can't wait till I get back to running with ease. So I did a little circuit of cardio and weights. Ran for 5 minutes then went and did 2 to 3 weight exercises( I did total body ). Then went back to the treadmill for another 5 minutes of running and back to weights. I repeated this till I had 30 minutes of running under my belt. It felt great to get going and work up a sweat for sure!
I did another workout on Tuesday and then again on Friday. Tuesday I just did upper body and Friday I duplicated the workout that I did the previous Sunday( cardio/weights ). So I weighed in Sunday morning on the 19th...
I lost 3 lbs in my first week of postpartum work outs
Next weigh in: Sunday, January 26.




Good luck! I JUST started working out and I'm already about 4 months postpartum. I'm hoping this baby weight comes off as easily as it was put on...though I doubt that will be the case. I'm sure your blog posts will help motivate me!
ReplyDeleteYAY!!! I am impressed Rachel! It is so cold that it is so hard to get out there and get moving. You can do it!
ReplyDeleteLots of luck on your journey! :)
ReplyDeleteGreat job! You definitely didn't look like you gained 50 lbs.!
ReplyDelete