Thursday, January 30, 2014

Birthday party @ Build A Bear

A few Sunday's ago Rowen got invited to a birthday party at Build A Bear. I had never been inside of one and was so excited for him to get to make a bear! His friend Michael was turning 3 and had invited quite a little crew to his party. We got there and mingled for a little bit with the other parents and kids and then it was time for the kiddos to pick out their bear. They got to choose between a tan one and a white one...


Rowen chose the white one. After they chose their bear, they sat in a circle and played a game to see who would get to stuff their bear first, second, third...etc...puh-lease. 2 and 3 year olds do not want to play a game when they are excitedly waiting to fill their bear with stuffing and pick out it's clothes. Not to mention, they didn't really understand the game! Well the kids kind of overruled what the leader was doing and just made a line beside the stuffing machine. Way to go kids! 

{waiting to get his bear stuffed}

After they stuffed their bear,  they got to place a little heart inside of it. Once it was stitched up,  they got to take it over to the bath tub and wash it. That was quite hilarious to watch and pretty cute. Rowen gave his a good scrub! 
{placing the little heart inside his bear}

The final step was picking out an outfit for the bear. Rowen picked a dinosaur hoodie. He kept saying "rawr" "rawr" when I was putting it on his bear! haha. 
{giving his bear a bath and showing us his bear}

He named his bear "Ed". I have no clue why! They ended the party with cake and treats...and balloons. 


It was a fun little party and Rowen loves his new bear!



2 comments:

  1. What a cute party idea! Glad that he had so much fun :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. We've never been there either. I've thought about it for Evie or Henry but thought it was super expensive. Maybe I will look into it. I know one thing - no parties at my house this year. This Mama needs a year off! Rowen looks so cute!!!

    ReplyDelete