Monday, January 27, 2014

weight loss weigh in-week 2

I will really really try to post these updates on Sunday at some point( probably the evenings ) since that's the day that I am weighing in! Yesterday all I wanted to do was sleep during any free moment that I got. These 3-4am feedings are really getting to me. Last night Isla slept through the night though so hopefully we are headed in the right direction to making that happen regularly!

I didn't get to do as much cardio as I would have liked last week. Since it was so bitter cold last week, I had to head to the gym every time that I wanted to work out. I can't wait till it gets warmer and I can just take off for a run from home. I worked out last Sunday, Tuesday, and Friday. Sunday and Friday I ran on the treadmill for 10 minutes then did arm exercises( seated rows, tricep pulldowns, straight arm pulldowns, front punches, and woodchops ). I also did squats with 10lb free weights and deadlifts also with 10lb free weights. After weights, I headed back to the treadmill to run another 10 minutes and then cooled down with a 5 minute walk. I'm currently running at 5.0-5.5mph and varying the incline each time. 

Tuesday I ended up getting to do some leg exercises before my clients arrived at the gym. I squeezed in seated leg curls, lunges( w/overhead press ), and leg press. 3 sets of 10 reps of each exercise. I also did each crunch exercise I put my clients through with them! My core is still weak and each opportunity to do some sort of ab work will be taken! Once my core is built back up, everything else will quickly get back to where it should be. 

( please excuse my desperate need for a pedicure! )
I lost 1 lb last week. I'll take it. A pound is a pound! I'm hoping to lose 2-3 lbs this week. Hopefully I will get to do a little more cardio that last week. 

** if you missed week one, go here **

As far as my diet, I'm not on a diet! My eating is the same as what it was before I got pregnant. I'm not cutting anything out just eating smaller portions here and there. We eat healthy already so that's not a problem. I don't believe in cutting out things. I think you should eat what you want...well balanced meals. I have never dieted and never will. Eating healthy( for the most part )foods and exercising frequently have always kept me in great shape. That doesn't work for everyone but that's what works for me...that's what keeps my body heathy and in great shape. 


2 comments:

  1. Good job! I like your outlook, a pound is pound :) I know you will hit your goals!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job! It sounds like you are really working on building muscle so I know that's going to help you burn more in the long run!
    I'm part of a group on IG doing the 30 Day Shred, and starting Feb. 10, there will be a new challeges called #stopandgivemethirty to do 30 minutes of whatever, every day, for a month. It's a great group if you are needing a little extra motivation.

    ReplyDelete