This past Saturday was Rowen's 2nd birthday party! It was train themed and so much fun. The afternoon was a bit chilly but we still held it outside. Friends and family showed up around 2pm and we snacked, hung out, and watched the kiddos play in the ball pit.
{DECOR}
I ordered the banner off of Etsy and I made all the signs and trains in the bottom 3 pics.
{FOOD}
Since it was in the afternoon, we served snacks. Donut holes, fruit skewers, train shaped cookies, and popcorn. Fruit punch and water were the beverages. I made the little train car boxes for the food and also made the railroad crossing signs on the fruit skewers.
Rowen loves donuts so Brent had a wonderful idea to get him a massive donut as his "cake" instead of a cake. I loved the idea! There is a place in town that makes this giant donut that they call a "texas donut". It was almost as large as the card table it was laying on!!
I bought a pool that was on sale and a couple hundred balls and made a ball pit for the kids to play in. It was a hit as I knew it would be. If the weather hadn't gotten pretty chilly towards the end of the party, I think Rowen and his buddies would have been in that thing for the entire party. Oh yea, I said I bought a couple hundred balls...that didn't even make a dent in filling up the bottom of the pool so my mom went out and bought some more bags of balls. We ended up throwing 1000+ balls into that pool!! And I'm not exaggerating.
Rowen got so many nice gifts! He wore himself out yesterday playing with a few of his new toys and I'm sure today will be the same!
I'm so glad that friends and family could celebrate this fun time with us and Rowen was too!
It was such a fun day and I know Rowen had a blast. I can't believe our little guy will be turning 2 on Thursday. Really can't believe it!











What a cute party! I love it, especially the cake!
ReplyDeleteWhere did you find the balls? I love this idea, and with my little's one's second birthday coming up, I think it's a great idea :)