Monday, June 24, 2013

Homemade Buffalo Chicken Salad!


I love making buffalo and bbq chicken salad. They are both so easy and taste delicious. Last night I made buffalo chicken salad for dinner. I thought I would share the quick and easy recipe in case anyone wants to try it soon. A great buffalo chicken salad starts with a great buffalo sauce. My buffalo sauce of choice is Sweet Baby Ray's!

It has a yummy flavor. It's not too hot but has the right amount of kick! 

I cut up 2 chicken breasts into strips and put them in a bag with some buffalo sauce to marinade for 10-15 minutes. I then threw them in a pan on top of the stove with the sauce they had been marinating in. I put a lid on the pan and cooked them for 8-10 minutes. They cooked pretty quickly since they were cut into strips. While the chicken was cooking, I prepared the salad...
I used an iceberg blend and some green leaf lettuce. Cut those up and put them on plates. Then I chopped up tomatoes, carrots, and black olives and placed those on the lettuce. Next I added fresh corn cooked and cut off of the cob, bacon pieces, and mild cheddar cheese. 


Lastly, I shredded the chicken and placed it on the salad. I even poured a little of the buffalo sauce that it cooked in over top the chicken. 

Pour on ranch or blue cheese dressing and you have a nice size salad for dinner! Or lunch! It only took about 10 minutes once the chicken hit the pan. Quick, easy, and delicious.




3 comments:

  1. mmm... buffalo chicken salad is one of my favs too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks so yummy! I am going to make this next week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I took your recipe by the horns, or was super easy and so delicious!! Thad for sharing, this is a keeper!

    ReplyDelete