I got in the Easter egg spirit yesterday and decided to gather up some items to create some unique Easter Eggs! Since I have made a few things lately with Washi tape, I decided to make Washi tape Easter eggs and I had a bottle of chalkboard paint from creating a chalkboard paint platter last weekend( I'll post that soon! ) so I decided to go buy some light blue paint for the chalkboard paint Easter eggs! I had a lot of fun making them and really like how they turned out. They were super easy so there is not much to the tutorials. Enjoy!
I headed to Michael's and bought 3 packs of pretty tape. They came 2 to a pack and were 40% off! Love when stuff is on sale! I picked colors that were Springy and some that I just like the look of.
After I hard boiled my eggs and let them cool, I took some of the tape and just started wrapping it around. I did some vertically and some horizontally. And then I also mixed and matched some of the tape on some of the eggs. You can pretty much do any kind of design that you want. How do you like them? I think they're quite neat looking!
and now to the chalkboard paint eggs...
I started by giving the eggs one coat of paint. They dried for about 20 minutes or so and then I gave them a second coat. After the second coat dried, I took my chalk and drew some designs on the eggs! Fun, huh?! If you want to change your design, you just wipe the chalk off with your hand or with a soft cloth. And there you go...chalkboard painted eggs!






Where do you buy the chalkboard paint?
ReplyDeletePretty!!
ReplyDeleteI love the chalkboard paint ones!!!
ReplyDeleteLove the chalkboard paint!!!
ReplyDeleteVery pretty! I think I like the chalkboard eggs the best!
ReplyDelete-Karen
www.yourstylistkaren.com
Oh I love these! I chose them as a feature from my link party last week. Feel free to grab an "I've Been Featured" button from the Link Parties page of my site. Thanks for sharing these!
ReplyDelete