Tuesday, March 5, 2013

DIY bunny pennant banner!



I decided earlier today that I was going to make something Easter-y so I decided to make a bunny banner! This was so super easy. No glue involved! Just paper, scissors, and tape! I headed to Michael's( it's a craft store in case you don't have that store in your area )and grabbed some springy scrapbook paper for the pennants, plain white scrapbook paper for the bunnies, and washi tape in yellow. 

I first drew a pattern for the pennants. All you have to do to make a pennant is draw a straight line horizontally. I think mine was 5 inches. Then mark the center of your horizontal line( mine was at 2.5 inches ) and draw a straight line down from your horizontal line. So now you have a horizontal line( about 5 or 6 inches long )and a vertical line down about 6 or 7 inches. You can play around with the measurements just depending on how big or small you want your pennant to be.  Now just draw a line on the right and left side connecting the outer edges of your horizontal line to the bottom of your vertical line. Voila! A pennant. 
I used my pennant pattern to trace 7 pennants. I then made a bunny pattern. I actually used my little roll of washi tape to make the bunny head and body! I traced the outside of the tape for the body then traced the inside of the tape for the head and then I free handed the ears. I thought it turned out pretty cute! Any kind of bunny will work of course! After tracing 7 bunnies, I cut all the pennants and all the bunnies out.

I saw this tape at the end of an aisle at Michael's and thought it would be perfect for holding the pennants together instead of using ribbon or twine. After taping the bunnies onto the pennants I rolled out a long piece of my washi tape, flipped the pennants over( bunny side down )and laid the top half  inch or so of each pennant down on the tape. I probably had about an inch spacing between each pennant. Once they were all laid down, I  folded the tape over and had myself a bunny banner!! 


And I am linking up with Tiffany and Lauren for "Tuesday Topics"...
The Austin Family Diary
Today is one guilty pleasure. Hmmmm. You know, I really don't have a guilty pleasure! At least I can't think of one! It's definitely not any kind of food. I don't feel guilty about anything I eat. I really don't! Remember a few weekends ago when I told y'all my husband and I ate an entire box of girl scout cookies within about a 20 minute time frame?! haha. We workout really hard so that's probably why I don't feel guilty about food. Still thinking here....I had to ask my husband and he immediately said neck and shoulder rubs! Oh goodness, yea that's probably it! I ask him all.the.time. for shoulder rubs! Carrying around a 26 lb 16 month old will really wear your shoulders out! haha. He is very very sweet and gives me neck and shoulder rubs whenever I ask even though I know deep down inside he is wishing I hadn't asked! He's a sweet sweet husband! Neck and shoulder rubs from my husband are my guilty pleasures!! 
{Thought this was too cute not to share! Gwen getting a little shoulder rub from her cute little Kingston.}

Happy Tuesday!!


16 comments:

  1. I love this pennant! I'm going to be moving over Easter so no fun Easter decor for me this year. Next for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The plaid is a great choice that is different from the usual pastel Easter decor. Love the yellow tape detail on it. My guilty pleasure this time of year is a bag of spicy jelly beans!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That pennant banner is really, really cute!
    I love neck and shoulder rubs, too bad I didn't get more of them ha ha!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the banner!! And yes, please on the shoulder rubs!! Love those, too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The banner is really cute! I like the yellow tape, I have not done a project with that type of tape yet.

    ReplyDelete
  6. aw i love the banner. so fun!! thanks for sharing:)
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a cute pennant! And I love that tape!

    Shoulder rubs are THE BEST! My guilty pleasure is TV. It's probably not so much the actually watching of TV but the staying up so late to do it!

    Visiting from Tuesday Topics!

    www.MommaCandy.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so cute!! Pinned to my Easter board :-) .. and I LOVE Michael`s too, I can`t live without it!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This bunting is adorable! I love the plaid. I'd be thrilled if you'd link up at this week's Off the Hook!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is just too cute - I love it! The scrapbook paper you chose was perfect.

    Each week I host a link party at my site (www.easylivingmom.com) - it starts on Thursdays and goes all week. I would love it if you would be able to join and share this! Have a great day!

    -Angie
    www.easylivingmom.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I didn't know crafting tape exsisted? Where have I been? Brilliant, my lil crafter will be so happy to discover this.
    Cortne

    ReplyDelete
  12. cute Bunny Pennant but what caught my eye about your link (at the Rustic Pig) was your blog name. I'm an Easley also-that's my maiden name. Wonder if you're husband and I are related somewhere down the line. Probably so...............
    Not sure how into geneology you might be, but it intrigues me.
    I have an Easley family geneology history book from when 6 or 7 brothers came to the US in the late 1800's and it goes to 1978 (I was 12 then). Just curious who your father-in-law is and if I'd know if we were related. :-)
    here's my Facebook link: https://www.facebook.com/#!/RobinEasleyPichelmayer
    also my blog:
    http://thirtyone13etsy.blogspot.com/

    Would love for you to check them out.
    thanks!!
    Robin

    ReplyDelete
  13. I ended up making something similar to this for my son's birthday party and used your instructions. Thanks for the inspiration! I pinned this to keep it in mind for the future. I'm glad you shared it at my link party!

    ReplyDelete