Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Typical Tuesday w/one exception

Yesterday was yucky. The wonderful weekend weather really spoiled me and got me pumped for warm weather. Today was 60 degrees and rainy. Now, it wasn't freezing cold but it was no 70 degrees like this past Saturday! 

My morning consisted of several cups of coffee with some yummy buttery toast covered in sorghum. Love that stuff!! I watched Rowen sleep for a few minutes. There is nothing nothing nothing like a peaceful sleeping baby( or toddler! ). And I got to catch up on some blog reading! 
Rowen has been congested for about 6 days. Brent and I kept thinking that it would clear up on its own but not the case so I called the doctor's office and scheduled an appointment for later in the afternoon. I was hoping that it wasn't anything serious. After lunch, we headed to the doctor and after doctor Brady checked his ears....ugh! Another ear infection. I was never ever sick when I was young and this is his third ear infection within 6 months. I really was not loving the news since last time we unfortunately found out that he is allergic to penicillin after witnessing the worst allergic reaction I have ever seen. 

{January 13/14, 2013}

(Yes, he still smiled through the whole thing!}
They decided( back in January )to clear up his reaction and the rest of his ear infection with a liquid form of a Z-pak. That cleared it up pretty quickly and Rowen did fine with it.
So after his diagnosis of an ear infection today, Dr. Brady was going to prescribe the same meds...liquid Z-pak...but I told her that I recently heard some dangerous news about Z-paks and wanted her to look into what I heard real quick to see what she thought...read about new warnings for Z-paks HERE! Since she needed to do a little bit more research and contact the AP, she prescribed him something else to treat ear infections. So now, since it's new for Rowen, Brent and I have to keep watch and make sure he is handling it well. Praying for no reactions to this med.

{So far, so good!}

On a much lighter note, we had taco salads for dinner last night! haha. Homemade ones. We even made our own  taco bowls! We had tortillas so I took oven safe bowls and formed the tortillas to the shape of the inside of the bowl. They turned out great!
 Popped the tortilla bowls into the oven for 15 minutes at 250 and tortilla taco bowls we had!  I cooked the beef with onion and garlic. When it wasn't pink anymore, I added the taco seasoning, water,  and a dash of crushed red pepper flakes. 

The yummy salad part...

Our taco salads! They were actually more delicious than I was expecting. Tonight we are having tex-mex stuffed peppers. I'm excited! Can you tell Brent and I like food?! haha.


I'm linking up with Tiffany and Lauren again today for "Tuesday Topics" and today's topic is...9 things you won't change your mind on!
 photo TTnewjpg_zpsda0d11cb.jpg

Hmmmm....had to think about this one for a bit! These are in no particular order. 

1. I will always live in the city! No country living for me. The country is nice and I like visiting the laid back, slow, quiet part of that world but I would never be able to live out there nor would I ever want to! All city girl here! 

2. I will always be fit and in shape! Now this comes with some exceptions like pregnancy. I mean I was in the best shape I could be while pregnant but I wasn't in my normal shape. I have been super active for my whole life so I never see that changing! I love running and working out. Always have, always will!
{February 2013}

3. I will never change my mind on my religious beliefs. I'm a Christian. I believe in God, in Jesus, and in the Holy Spirit. Nothing will ever change my mind on that.

4. I will NEVER change my mind on eating veal. Baby animals?...no no no thank you! As a matter of fact, I don't eat any kind of lamb. They're way too cute.

5. I will always try to be the best mom, wife, friend, & daughter that I can be. Definitely, yes...always.

6. I will never change my mind on drinking bubble tea! **I actually might** but for now I have never had it and really don't care too. It's weird looking and doesn't look tasty...at all!

7. Brent and I agree on this one! We have definitely decided that when we move into a house...with a big yard that we will buy Rowen a puppy. It makes me smile to think about it. We will probably choose to give it to him for Christmas one year or for his birthday. That's a little ways away but our minds are set. *The challenging part will be us agreeing on what type of dog to get!!
Squeal! He's so cute!!

And awwww look at this guy!  I'll take them both! 

That's all I have for now. I'm sure I will think of two more as the day goes on. 

Happy Tuesday!



10 comments:

  1. Oh my word, I have never seen an allergic reaction like that. & what a trooper. scary about the zpac & drooling over the tortilla bowls!

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I was in Korea I saw everyone drinking bubble tea and thought it looked nasty. Now there's a local place in my hometown that makes it. I was with friends that ended up there, and found that I could get the milk tea without the boba (bubbles). Got addicted to the tea, and then one time forgot to order it without the boba and there was a new girl behind the counter who didn't know I usually went without. Now I am addicted. So yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like we have a lot in common! I will never change my mind on my faith, or on the importance of keeping fit! A healthy me is a happy me :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those tortilla bowls are clever!

    Rowen's reaction breaks my heart. I had a similar reaction to Amoxicillian when I was his age and still can't take it, even though every doctor I've ever gone to has tried to prescribe it to me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wish I could say that I would be active - I would LOVE that "never change", unfortunately that changed about 10 years ago.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I totally feel you on the city living! I grew up in the country (and so did the hubby) and we BOTH agree that the city limits of Nashville is where we belong...heck, I think it may be difficult talking into moving to the suburbs!

    Also, don't worry on the dog...Patrick and I had vastly different ideas about what size of dog we wanted and Zoey is just the first dog we fell in love with! We never even argued about it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a crazy reaction! My boys are allergic, too.

    No thank you for baby animals or bubble tea. Ga-Ross. But people love bubble tea!

    Visiting from Tuesday Topics!

    www.MommaCandy.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ha is that bad that I've never heard of bubble tea?! Where have I been?? I mean, it sounds weird to me...kind of like bubbly water--not a fan of that either. Hope Ro is feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awww puppies! Rowen is such a cutie always smiling! Bubble tea is not yummy...continue to skip it in my opinion.

    ReplyDelete