Monday, February 18, 2013

-Weekend Update-


.   
I'm linking up with Sami today for my Weekend Update! 

{Friday}
Friday morning I headed to the salon to get a cut and color...and bangs! I went in knowing that I wasn't going to chicken out this time and I didn't. I had my eyes closed the whole time that Julie( my hair stylist )was cutting them. And when I opened them, I LOVED what she had done!! She is fabulous and I knew that she would do a good job. 


We didn't really have much going on the rest of the day. For dinner we made the Pioneer Woman's sloppy joes. They were SO good! I loved them. I think I had only had sloppy joes once....a long time ago and they were the ones out of a can...blah! These were super yummy. If you like her recipes, you will like this one a lot. You can find the recipe HERE!

{Saturday}
We hung around the house. Grabbed Starbucks that morning and sipped on our Ventis while Rowen ate his breakfast. I love Pioneer Woman on the Food Network on Saturday mornings so I got to enjoy that show too! While Rowen napped, I got consignment sale stuff together while Brent watched Sky Fall. 

I used our master bath shower rod as my consignment clothes rack! I turned everything in today and had over 70 items! I can't wait to shop the sale tomorrow night!! Around 4pm we headed out to Lebanon( where Brent's folks live )to celebrate his birthday and his mom's birthday also. We had a delicious meal...grilled chicken, green beans, corn casserole and I took a pasta salad. 

Before we headed home, Aunt April let the boys share her lap and watch some things on the iPad. They loved it!
When we got home, Brent and I ate some of those delicious red velvet bars I made a few days ago and watched Saturday Night Live followed by re-runs of Friends! Hope everyone had a great weekend!





8 comments:

  1. Love the new bangs! Also, that pasta salad looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have bangs and love them :). I also need to get Ashley clothes ready for the consigment sale ours is in April..... Did you find good stuff? Have a great week!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw you look great with bangs!! I know it can be scary -- I often debate whether or not I want to go for it and usually end up heading back to the salon a few days later for the final bang trim, ha! That sloppy joe recipe looks pretty good as well...might have to try it! Cheers!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your hair looks awesome!! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE your new bangs! You can totally rock them! I wish my hair was different so I could!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the bangs!!! They really do look great on you!! And I'm thinking I just might need to try that recipe out!! Oh yeah.... and Happy Tuesday!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your bangs. It suits your face shape. And that pasta salad just make my mouth water.

    visiting u from Aloha Friday.
    -Honeybee
    http://herweightlossdiary.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Not sure what you looked like before, but I think those bangs are FABULOUS! Congrats for having the courage to go through with it. - Your newest follower & fellow Rachel :)

    ReplyDelete