Rowen is 2 weeks old today! It really does seem like I was just in the hospital with him. He has already grown and changed so much! He has become even more handsome than he was at birth. We had his 2 week check-up this morning. I know I have said this before but Brent and I just love our pediatrician. She is very talkative and super knowledgeable. Before we left the check-up this morning, she told us that we were doing a really good job with Rowen...that made me beam with the small amount of energy that I had stored inside! I feel like Brent and I are doing a great job with Rowen so far but it was nice to hear that from his doctor!!
Sweet Rowen sleeping this morning
This morning at his check-up, he got his head circumference measured, his weight taken, and his height measured.
Head Circumference - 15.25 inches
Weight - 8 lbs 15 oz
Height - 21.5 inches
I just had a feeling that he was over his birth weight! He has no problem eating :) He was 8 lbs 10 oz at birth. Now he is almost 9 lbs! As far as percentiles go for his age, for head circumference he is in the 90th percentile, his weight is in the 90th percentile, and his height is in the 90th percentile as well.
He is the cutest baby E.V.E.R.!!
He is doing great when we have tummy time. He lifts his head up and moves it around...he seems to be getting stronger each time that we do it. We need to remember to do it a few times a day though. He is also doing well with looking around and looking at me or Brent when we talk to him. He definitely recognizes our voices. That is amazing to me!! He grasps objects that are placed in his hands...he has a strong little grip. He is also very expressive. He smiles( which is the cutest thing ever), he frowns, he presses his lips together, and smacks his lips especially when he is hungry.
He sleeps a lot which is totally fine with me!! I don't however do a good job about sleeping when he is sleeping. Like right now for instance. He is asleep and I am typing this blog. haha! I'm planning on catching a small nap when I am done with this though. These past 2 weeks have definitely been difficult( running on barely any sleep, waking up at 2am for feedings, not knowing what day it is...etc... ) but looking at baby Rowen makes it all worth it! He is such a happy baby and makes Brent and I smile every time that we look at him :)

You are both doing a fabulous job, and he is getting more adorable every day!
ReplyDelete