Monday, November 21, 2011

Brent and I have a one month old!

Time is flying! Rowen is one month old today. He is growing so quickly and changing in various ways every day. Right now he is sleeping and looks so sweet :) He is such a cutie!! 


He weighs a whopping 10 pounds and 1 ounce. He has no problem eating that's for sure! I am glad he is gaining weight b/c that reassures me that he is indeed getting enough to eat. I'm thinking he is around 22 inches long. His little legs are already so long. I am sure he is going to be a tall boy based on my height and his daddy's height. He still has the same amount of hair on his head....very little. I think his little barely fuzzy head is cute. Brent and I were both blonde when we were little so we are both wondering if it will change from its current light brown to blonde. His eyes are still blue and have up to around six months to change if they are going to. I hope they stay blue!


He really knows Brent's voice as well as my voice. He loves when we talk to him and is even giving us big grins and a chuckle or two. I love how expressive he is becoming! He is starting to become more vocal with grunts and cooing. Of course he cries too but only if he is 1.hungry 2.wet or 3.really tired. He just started the crying when really sleepy thing last week or so. He tries to fight sleep sometimes but it's nothing a little rocking can't fix! 



He is doing a great job with tummy time. He can really raise his head up and hold it there for a few seconds. He doesn't seem to like it but it's good for him. He is quite strong! His grip is really good and his arm muscles are killer. Sometimes it takes a few minutes to get a onesie on him b/c he won't relax his strong arms...haha! Brent and I exercise his legs by doing bicycles and they are getting stronger and stronger b/c his little kicks are becoming harder and harder. 


He still is loving looking at pictures in books. He also enjoys when we read him stories. I think he likes hearing our voices and also looking at the pictures. He is sleeping 3 - 3 1/2 hours in between feedings. One night last week he slept for 5 straight hours and I felt like a new person when I woke up...and that was just for 5 hours of sleep. Can you believe that pre pregnancy I would sleep for 10 or 11 hours on some Saturdays?! Boy that sounds nice right about now!! Hopefully he will keep increasing his sleep little by little each week. 





         

No comments:

Post a Comment