Rowen turned 3 weeks old yesterday! I can't believe it. He is growing growing growing. I can tell that he has gained weight because after holding him for 10 minutes or so, my arm starts to get tired because his head is so heavy! He is just getting cuter everyday.
As far as sleeping goes, he is sleeping a little bit longer than he was last week. At night he usually sleeps 3 - 3 1/2 hours between feedings. Which is better than 2 hours of sleep between feedings! Hopefully he will start to sleep a little bit longer between feedings each week. And before I know it, I will be getting 6 or 7 hours of straight sleep :) I don't know that I can remember the last time that I got 7 hours of uninterrupted sleep!
Love when he sleeps :) He is so peaceful.
We don't go back to the pediatrician until he is 2 months old! I am so anxious to know what he weighs though...Brent is too. Brent actually said last night that we should put him on our bathroom scale and weigh him! That might just work. Rowen is definitely 9 lbs now since he was 8 lbs 15 oz last Monday at his 2 week check up and I'm sure will be at least 10 lbs at his 2 month visit. He is a growing boy. During his awake time during the day he likes to look at pictures in books, we have tummy time together( he doesn't like tummy time though! ), and he likes to hang out in his bouncer. He is usually awake about an hour or so before he drifts off to sleep for a nap.
Rowen loves when Brent and I talk to him. He gives us big grins often...those grins make my heart smile! They are so precious and I often wonder what he is thinking when he hears our voices. We have both noticed that when Rowen sleeps, he often is dreaming! He makes faces and puckers his lips while he is asleep. He is very vocal...especially when he is hungry or is wet. His hunger cry is a "Laaaaa, Laaaaa" and his wet diaper cry is more or a screeching scream! Sometimes when he is very tired he will fight going to sleep by screaming a little as well but he quickly drifts off to sleep after a few of those screams. Brent and I try to comfort him at those times by telling him "sleep is a good thing baby Row"!! Haha.
His little bit of hair :)
Well, it has taken me about an hour and a half to write this because little man runs the show around here no matter what I may be doing OR trying to do! He called for a feeding and 2 diaper changes while I have been writing this. Soooooo to wrap this up....
:)

No comments:
Post a Comment