These are my most favorite brand of running shoes. They are Mizunos. This is my third pair and I plan on continuing to purchase them as long as they keep being kind to my feet :)
I have no ties to Vanderbilt University...I didn't go to school there and I really don't care how their football team does( although I DO like to see them win some games during the season), but i love love love to go running around their campus. The best sidewalks to run around on are on 21st Avenue and West End. It's a perk that this area actually has sidewalks and obviously that's a much better place to find yourself jogging around on then the road!
Around Vanderbilt's campus
So today I took off from my gym which is located on 21st Avenue for my usual 2 mile run. I took off North truckin' through Hillsboro Village and bopped over to the area around where all the Vandy courts and sports fields are located...I got so distracted from all the people around this area whether they were college kids playing sports on the fields or just Nashvillians walking/biking down West End Avenue that I realized I had already run about 3 miles and I still had to get back to the gym where my car was! I was pretty far away from my car...Soooo I headed back and I prefer jogging over walking b/c walking just takes so darn long to actually get you somewhere. What also helps me to keep running are great playlists on my Ipod!! It definitely helps motivate you if you are blasting something upbeat! Anyways, I made it back to the gym and I had run a total of 6 miles! what?! I never do that. haha. It definitely wore me out but felt great as well! I'm looking forward to the cooler weather so i can run that far again without sweating buckets!
This is the gym where I train. I have been a Personal Trainer for 5 years.
-Rachel-


I so wish I could run. The shin splints just about kill me though! With that said, if I thought your body would be the outcome I might suffer through! haha
ReplyDelete