This DIY Felt Fortune Cookie craft is so easy and is a really fun craft if you have kids...or just know of a fortune cookie lover. I decided to give this craft a try b/c Rowen( my 4 year old )absolutely loves fortune cookies. He asks if we can get chinese food for lunch or dinner several times a week and it's not because he loves fried rice! But he DOES love the cookies! He loves popping them open for the fortune even though he can't read yet! I think it's the pure excitement of a "prize" being on the inside of that almond flavored treat.
What you need for your DIY Felt Fortune Cookie craft:
* several sheets of standard felt( I chose Valentine colors )
* Scissors
* A marker or pen
Something to trace around to make your circles( I used a mason jar )
* Glue/some sort of sticky adhesive
* Pipe cleaners
Tutorial:
Place mason jar top down on your piece of felt and using your marker, trace around the mouth of the jar.
Next, place a small pieces of pipe cleaner( about 3 inches long ) and put adhesive on one side. I actually used glue dots! Love those things. They're like little blobs of hot glue except they're not hot! Really great for crafts. After you've placed your adhesive on your pipe cleaner, place in the middle of your circle.
Take your adhesive and put a few drops around the edge of half of your circle and fold the other side over forming a semi-circle.
...and lastly, pinch the middle of your semi-circle and push the edges towards the middle! Voila! A felt fortune cookie. **If you want to add a fortune, place your piece of paper in your fortune cookie before you stick the 2 sides together.





No comments:
Post a Comment