Our nephew, Connor, plays soccer and we hadn't been able to go watch one of his games until this past Saturday. The games are an hour away from where we live so it wasn't like we could just jump in the car and be there in a few minutes! He did such a good job. Rowen wanted to be out there running around too! I knew he would. He loves any outside activity. I think he will love playing sports when he gets old enough.
Rowen and Connor after the game.
We spent the rest of our Saturday resting and doing things around the house and out in the yard. We took a trip to Home Depot to get some stuff for some projects I wanted to do and we grabbed some flowers for around our mailbox. I had planted zinnias( I love how colorful zinnias are )there but I think a really late frost got them! I covered them up but it didn't seem to work. So I dug those sad wilty sprouts up and planted some really pretty yellow and white flowers. With a name like Lemon Twist, I just had to have them!
Sunday was a nice day and especially since it was Mother's Day! My husband is really thoughtful. I woke up Sunday morning to get ready for church and he had my favorite drink( iced vanilla latte )and my favorite pastry( lemon pound cake )from Starbucks waiting for me in the kitchen! Yum. He also had picked out a beautiful bouquet of flowers and bought me a Polar watch/heart rate monitor...in pink. I had been eyeing that for a while!
After the kiddos woke up from their naps, we headed to a local farm to pick strawberries. Rowen LOVED it! It's so fun to watch excitement radiate from your children. The smiles and all the giggles while we were out there was one of the best moments of the day!!
{look at that beautiful sky}
Rowen asks to go outside and play a lot. I love that about him! He loves being outside...so do I! He got a golf set for Christmas so we got that out of the box and tested it out.
He really enjoyed playing with it and he plays with it every time we go outside and play now. I love that we have room in our backyard for him to get out there and run around.
We ended the by going to my parents house for dinner and celebrating with my mom. It was a really wonderful day spent with people that I love!





Sounds like you had a really great weekend! That's awesome that you were able to go to the soccer game. I bet Rowen is going to have an awesome time in sports! Your husband did an awesome job on Mother's Day presents!!
ReplyDeleteI've been eyeing the Polar watches for awhile too! Which model did you end up with and how are you liking it so far?
ReplyDelete