Thursday, May 22, 2014

A yummy treat for any time of the day!

We love smoothies at our house! They're quick...they're easy...and they're yummy( and good for you )!



 Last week I blended one up for myself and I shared with Rowen. It was his first time having a "smoovie". He thought it was cool that he had a cup like me and his own straw. We drank them together while watching cartoons. He kept looking over at me with a huge smile. It warmed my heart! 
Anyways, here is what I usually put in my smoothie.
A handful of frozen strawberries, frozen blueberries, and frozen peaches. We keep our smoothie fruit in the freezer so that we don't have to add ice! If you don't want to buy all these fruits separately, there are bags of fruit for smoothies in the freezer section at the grocery store! I add one whole banana, a dolop or 2 of plain greek yogurt, and a splash of either apple or orange juice as well. I prefer orange juice but we were out! Blend it up and you've got yourself a delicious fruit smoothie! 

No comments:

Post a Comment