Friday, April 11, 2014

A little bit of training

I decided a few months ago that I was going to run the 1/2 marathon here in Nashville! I ran it while I was pregnant with Rowen 3 years ago and had a lot of fun but haven't run it since. I'm glad I didn't sign up last year because it poured during the race and I hate running in the rain. I can't stand my feet being wet in tennis shoes...ugh!

 Since the marathon is in 2 weeks, I figured I should do some training to prepare for it. I don't usually train for races. I just go and run them and I always do fine. I'm a runner and have been for many years. But this time I really wanted to do some light training so I started 4 weeks ago by just getting 2 and 3 mile runs under my belt. I'm only 4 months out from having Isla and have only been exercising for about 3 months now. 


They weren't challenging but I needed to do a few of those runs before I bumped up my mileage. 2 weeks ago I set out for a 3 miler and ran 4 and 1/2 instead. It felt really good.


Last Sunday I was suppose to run 5 miles but really wanted to go a bit farther b/c I was feeling really good. I got in a 6 mile run! My legs were pretty tight and tired the day after but the soreness left pretty quickly. 


I love using the Map My Run app when I go for my runs. It tracks distance, times your miles, and even lets you know when you hit a mile, 2 miles, etc...I can listen to music too. When the gal needs to inform me of something( usually what mile I have reached and the time ), the music pauses while she talks and then resumes when she is done. 

There have been moments during my runs when I have wanted to walk but I tell myself NO and keep on running! It IS a mind game. I can do whatever it is if I tell myself that I can but that's not to say that my legs really do get tired on those long runs. I'm planning on running 5 miles tonight and then on Sunday I need to get in a 7 mile run. Fingers crossed that I'll be feeling good tonight and Sunday!!



1 comment:

  1. Congrats on your awesome runs!! That's great you signed up for that 1/2 marathon :D I hope you have an awesome weekend!

    ReplyDelete