Friday, April 25, 2014

Isla at 4 months

Sweet Isla girl turned 4 months on April 5th. 4 months?! I can't believe she is already 4 months and close to turning 5 months in a little over a week! I feel like time is passing by much quicker than it did with Rowen {sniff sniff}. 


She had her 4 month check up a few weeks ago. I love appointments. I just like hearing all the stats, hearing that she's healthy, etc... etc...


At 4 months, you are quite a bit smaller than your brother was at this age. You are long and lean :) You eat every 4 1/2-5 hours and are still a great eater. We haven't started cereal or fruits/veggies yet. Cereal will probably start at 5 months and fruits/veggies will come at 6 months. 

You can roll from belly to tummy. You think rolling is funny and always flash us smiles when you flip over and see us looking at you! You love your play gym and swat at the toys that hang from the top. You love toys that jingle and toys that crunch. You also love to lay on your gym and just listen and listen to noises in the room whether it be your brother talking or us playing. Speaking of your brother, you love him so much already!! If you are ever crying( which isn't very often )he can ALWAYS get you to stop just by looking at you. I think you really like his cute little voice he uses when he talks to you. You two are going to be best buddies. 

You started sleeping through the night around 2 months and are still sleeping that well. You usually go to bed around 7:30/8pm and don't wake up till around 7/7:30am. There is the occasional wake up around 5 or 6 but I just put your paci back in and you quickly go back to sleep. You take a long nap in the morning. After eating and playing for about 30-45 minutes in the morning, you take a 3-3 1/2 hour nap. That's when I get to spend lots of one on one time with your brother! 


You chew and suck on your fingers all the time. I occasionally check your gums to see if I can see any white spots or swelling but nothing so far. It's so cute when babies get little teeth but I'm not ready for that yet! I love your little gummy smile. You are constantly smiling! You are one very very happy baby! Brent and I have been so blessed with 2 healthy happy babies. 

I love watching your relationship with your brother grow already. He often holds your hand when you are sitting beside him. It makes my heart swell and gives me warm fuzzies! It's quite sweet. You love sitting by him while he's watching tv or sitting with him in his room while he reads books. Speaking of books, you love to be read to. I love watching your eyes get big while you look at the pictures. We have started buying you girly books sweet sister. I know you don't want to hear about trucks and trains the rest of your life! 

I can't believe you can already sit in your Bumbo! You love sitting in your seat and playing with your rattles. You also love when Rowen sits with you and talks to you while you play. We haven't tried the jumper yet but we will try that out soon! 

We love you sweet girl and can't imagine life without you! You are such a joy to be around and that cute smile of yours is contagious. You are already full of life and that makes this momma so happy!




2 comments:

  1. She is too cute! And them both together is just too much. Congrats on such happy babes :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the brother/sister relationship that is forming!
    Thanks for sharing.
    Two beautiful babies

    ReplyDelete