It's just absolutely crazy to think that our little sweet Rowen is already 6 months. I just can't believe it. These 6 months have truly flown by as everyone had warned us it would!
The sticker looks super worn b/c someones little hands kept crunching it up :)
We go for his 6 month check up on Friday and I just can't wait to see how much he weighs and how long he is. I know he just has to have sprouted up at least 2 inches from our last appointment. He is super long. We have never had many questions to ask the doctor but Brent and I have a list for Friday's appointment. We have quite a few questions for her about all the pureed foods he is about to start eating and also what a days feeding should be like etc...he started eating pureed peas yesterday and loves them but I will get to that at a later post.
He is so full of life these days! It's so much fun! He still studies toys before playing with them. I love to watch his eyes and imagine what he might be thinking. His grip has gotten a lot stronger and I didn't even think that it could. He pinches and it hurts...of course he doesn't do it on purpose but if he gets a hold of a little bit of skin and clamps down...oooo weee it doesn't feel good. He love his books. We probably read 10-12 different books a day. I love that we signed his up for Dolly Parton's Imagination Library. One free book in the mail each month...yes please! He loves the books that he has gotten so far. He has started trying to knaw on the books as I try to read them to him...maybe b/c of the 2 teeth coming in?
We have never seen a baby smile as much as Rowen! He constantly is grinning from one ear to the other. I love his smiles so much. They brighten my day! Every morning when I go and get him out of his crib, he looks at me with a gigantic smile. It just makes my heart soar. We have been very blessed with a happy baby. He still rarely ever cries and is just the most content little baby ever. I pray that he continues to be this happy as he grows.
6 months means...We can take him to his own class at church. I think it will be bittersweet when we drop him off for the first ohhh few times but I just can't wait for him to get in there and start learning all about the Bible! I can't believe he is old enough to go to class. I will have to brush up on all the baby Bible songs so we can sing them together :)
Rowen can sit up all by himself even if it is only for a few seconds at a time. And he will only do it when HE wants to! It does help if I put something on the floor in front of him. We practice sitting up everyday and he is definitely getting better and better with each passing day. He is also trying to scoot when he is on his tummy. He pulls his legs up towards his chest but can't quite figure out how to push forward. He'll get there soon though. I'll post his stats on Friday after going to the doctor. Here are a few more pics from his "I'm 6 months old today" day :)
so silly :)
Love this face and I kiss it 100 times a day!
So tired from all the picture taking

No comments:
Post a Comment