This post is a little overdue! Last Saturday morning Brent and I had such a delicious breakfast. My mom gave me the new Pioneer Woman cookbook for Easter and I didn't wait around to find a recipe to try. Brent was flipping through it and mentioned he loved quiche when he saw there were 2 recipes in the book for quiche. I had a moment of "that sounds like fun to make and I'm sure even more fun to eat" so I told him I would make one for us to have Saturday morning.
I chose to make the cowgirl quiche... Ree, the author, lives on a ranch so a lot of her recipes have titles that are ranch themed. It was sooooo delicious and oh so filling! Brent had 2 pieces and said he was stuffed afterwards. It was surprisingly really easy to make. I put it all together on Friday night so that when we got up Saturday morning, we could just pop it in the oven. It took about an hour to bake but it was totally worth the wait.
And here it is! Eggs, swiss cheese, mushrooms, leeks, and country ham was what the quiche consisted of. She actually put pancetta in hers but we decided to have country ham in ours!
She has a large family and is always feeding guests as well so the recipe actually made 2 quiche. We froze the other one and will probably have it this Saturday morning!! To go with our quiche, we made her iced coffee. Once again, it made a ton! We even halved the recipe. I have been drinking on it all week long.
I was pretty skeptical about how it would taste but it actually turned out just like I was imagining.
And here it is! Eggs, swiss cheese, mushrooms, leeks, and country ham was what the quiche consisted of. She actually put pancetta in hers but we decided to have country ham in ours!
She has a large family and is always feeding guests as well so the recipe actually made 2 quiche. We froze the other one and will probably have it this Saturday morning!! To go with our quiche, we made her iced coffee. Once again, it made a ton! We even halved the recipe. I have been drinking on it all week long.
I was pretty skeptical about how it would taste but it actually turned out just like I was imagining.

No comments:
Post a Comment