Rowen ate his first vegetable on Monday. He has been eating cereal since he turned 5 months but we introduced him to peas on Monday. One of the reasons that I was so excited for him to turn 6 months were the yummy fruits and vegetables that he was going to be trying. My mom gave us the Baby Bullet at one of our baby showers and I love using it. It purees really quickly! We have a homemade baby food book that I read through a couple weeks ago and I will be using it for all his baby food recipes. It's a great book.
The book encourages buying fresh or frozen fruits and veggies never canned and also encourages to buy organic. We already do those things so I think it will be easy to follow along with the delicious sounding recipes that are in the book. I made a large batch of green peas Monday morning that will last through Sunday. I dumped the peas into boling water and let them boil for about 5 minutes. Before pureeing them, I gave them an ice bath so that they would keep their bright green color( I would have never thought of doing that but it was in the book ). I then pureed the peas with about 8 ounces of water and voila...I had 7 days worth of veggies for Row!
They taste good...I tried them!
He loves loves loves cereal now so I was really anxious to see how he would react to the peas. When he took the first bite, he was a little unsure. It was a cute face. But after a few bites of getting use to the new flavor, he was definitely a fan. He loves the peas!
During his pea and cereal lunch today :)
So serious!
I just love that I want to make his food. It's fun and so good for him. I was just curious as to what was in a jar of baby food so when I was in Publix the other day I grabbed a jar and there are several added preservatives and tuna oil. Rowen gets peas and JUST peas! I love that we are starting him with good nutritious foods from the very beginning. Now making baby food is not for everyone and that's okay but it is definitely something that we knew we wanted to do.

No comments:
Post a Comment