This is a little late BUT last weekend was once again beautiful so that meant spendning time outdoors! Saturday morning I went and got a facial at The Veranda in Mt. Juliet and Brent and I had plans for when I got back home. We decided that we were going to go to...technically it is called Percy Warner Park but that park is quite large so we went to the "Belle Meade Park" as I call it. It is the park at the end of Belle Meade Blvd which is part of the Warner Parks.
We decided on having a picnic! Brent made delicious BLT's( he makes really good sandwiches of all kinds ) and we grabbed some chips and drinks and headed to the park. There were a few people there but not too many. A huge, lush, grassy spot was calling our name up on a small hill, so we spread our blanket out and had lunch. We listened to Jack Johnson and John Mayer and relaxed in the sun.
Not the actual picture of one of our sandwiches but this looks identical. Brent used thick slices of delicious bacon and found the tastiest tomatoes like the ones in the summer. I had 2 sandwiches!! They were just that good! On Sunday Brent went to Bristol for the race with his friend Justin. He got some tickets from a friend at his work. Why did I pass up the offer to go?? Pah-lease! I will choose to respect all of those that actually like this...hobby...and say that I have better things to do with my time :) and I do not like watching a car go around a track 100's of times. That's all I will say although I DO have a lot more on that topic! So, I spent the afternoon on a run. A 5 mile run to be exact. I went running through some neighborhoods around us and boy there are some mega huge houses across Highway 70. They had great flat streets for running. I have heard that the 1/2 marathon( coming up at the end of April ) course has quite a few hills. Hills and I are not friends unless I am sprinting up one in a matter of seconds and then I am done! Multiple, long, slow jogs up hills = me not smiling. Regardless, I am still excited about running the half esp since 2 of my best friends say that it is so much fun. On a side note, Brent and I have a lot planned for this weekend but it is suppose to RAIN the whole weekend :( That might mean that we stay in and watch movies the whole weekend. Tomorrow night we are going to the symphony, Saturday morning is our nephew, Connor's, 1st birthday party, there is a fun looking festival going on downtown all day tomorrow, and much more! I will let you know what all kinds of stuff we get into! One more thing...
I know D.C. has a pretty large Cherry Blossom Festival but Nashville has one too. Hopefully the rain will hold off tomorrow because I would really love to go downtown and walk around the festival! These trees are beautiful! Just in case you didn't know, the Cherry Blossoms have been a symbol of U.S.-Japan friendship since they mayor of Tokyo donated 3000 cherry trees to Washington D.C. in 1912. So not only are they pretty, they also have a special meaning!
~Brent and Rachel~




No comments:
Post a Comment