If you didn't spend time outside yesterday( here in Nashville at least ), then you totally missed out on a beautiful Spring day! The weather was gorgeous so Brent and I decided to go to Centennial Park. We weren't the only ones with that idea. There were so many people at that park. I love going there and walking around just to see what people have come there to do. Brent and I went there to enjoy the sunshine and take some pictures of the Parthenon. A couple guys were chillin and playing chess with massive chess pieces. They weren't life size but almost! The chess pieces were about waist high...I had only seen that in a movie. There were people playing football and there were even hula hoopers. Like professional type hula hoopers...I'm talking 2 and 3 hula hoops at a time. We watched them for a minute. It was pretty impressive.
Brent and I climbed to the top of a hill close to the dog park to get some pictures of the Parthenon with downtown in the background. They turned out pretty good.
I made Brent stop by the dog park for a minute even though we don't have a dog...haha! The dogs were all so cute running around and having fun. There were so many dogs. I found a few that I wanted to take home including a rowdy puppy. I don't think our cats would have liked that plus the dogs owners would probably frown on that idea. Here are a few more pics from our time at the park.
After the park we decided to head over to Germantown because Brent wanted to check out Lazarolli Pasta Shop. It's an Italian shop that makes their own pasta fresh daily!
Brent and I have really started to love local shops. I like their stories and we both like to support local Tennesseans. If you are in Germantown or the downtown area, you should go into Lazzaroli's! When we walked in the yummy smells of pasta and cheeses filled the whole shop. The owner, Tom, actually popped out from the back and welcomed us and he also gave us a little run down of the shop and what they offer. It was really neat to get that information straight from the owner. They have spaghetti, ravioli, tortellini, and a few other pastas.
Like I mentioned they are made fresh everyday and if you haven't eaten fresh pasta, there is nothing like it! We actually bought the meat tortellini and a sauce...yes, the sauces are made there too! We are eating it tomorrow night so I will post how it is later on this week. Tom even gave us some complimentary mozzarella that was made earlier that day.
We hope that everyone had a great weekend!











No comments:
Post a Comment