Sunday, March 27, 2011

The Secret Is Out...FINALLY!

Do you know just how hard it is to keep a secret for 9 weeks?! Let me tell you, it's really hard esp since you plan on telling when the time is right! As many of you know, Brent and I are expecting a sweet little baby on October 28th and this past Friday was the day when our "secret" became  great news to all of our family and friends! I was so relieved when we told everyone! Let's go back just a little bit... I found out that I was pregnant on February 19th. I had heard that you probably shouldn't say anything until you have your first ultrasound  and make sure everything was alright and you got the "okay" from your doctor. So, that's what Brent and I decided to do. We did however tell parent and a few relatives. We decided to tell Brent's parents at Brent's mom's 50th birthday dinner which was on February 25th. So since it was a party, there were other family members there that found out and had to keep a secret as well!! We told my parents the day after at lunch. Needless to say everyone was excited and we were even more excited! Ok fast forward back to this past Friday. Friday was my first app with my doctor as well as my first ultrasound. Since this was my first ultrasound, I had no clue what to expect but had heard the jist of what would go on. Brent came with me and plans to go to all the ultrasounds. It was really an awesome experience. The ultrasonographer was so sweet and she let us know what was going on through out the whole process. We got to see the babies heartbeat, the hands, and we could even see tiny legs. We hate that we have to wait until 19 weeks to find out if it's a boy or a girl! 

We received 2 pictures and this one is a close up of the baby. I turned the picture sideways so that the baby is vertical. You can clearly see its head and body! I really love my doctor and the whole staff at WOMENS which is located at Baptist. 

At 9 weeks( which i was exactly on Friday):
Heartbeat - 168bpm
Crown to rump length - 1"( about the size of a gummy bear...pink or blue?...not sure yet :) )
Arms, fingers, legs, and toes are formed and are all recognizable

We haven't decided if we are going to have a reveal party or not. This is where you invite friends and family to come over or meet at a restaurant etc...and REVEAL whether you are having a boy or a girl through some sort of game usually. If we do decide to do this, family that's out of town can easily be put on speaker phone so they can be there as well :) We have 10 weeks to decide :) That's all the details for now. Brent and I are super excited about this journey and are so thankful to be surrounded by so many family members and friends who we love and who love us too!! 

             


No comments:

Post a Comment