Hello blog world! It's been a hot minute since I was on here last! I really haven't taken the time to blog lately...that's my excuse! I am planning on posting at least every other day for the rest of the month! I have lots and lots of things to catch you up on! I'm starting back with a delicious recipe! This is pretty simple to make and the flavors are excellent. If you like fried rice, this is for you!!
So I went off of this recipe HERE. I changed a few things based on what we had at home and I wanted my kids to enjoy this meal so I skipped the spicy ingredients but I DO love me some spicy food!!
Here's what ya need( original recipe):
1 1/2 cups (uncooked) brown rice
1 tsp oil
1.25 lb shrimp, shelled and deveined, (1lb after peeled) chopped into chunks
1 1/2 cups fresh pineapple, cut into small chunks
5 large scallions, chopped
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 fresh chili pepper or jalepeno, chopped
2 tsp soy sauce (or more to taste)
1 tbsp fish sauce
*So I added 3 cooked chicken cutlets and only used half a pound of shrimp*. We had white rice instead of brown so that's what we used as well. We threw our rice in our steamer and while it was steaming I put the teriyaki marinated chicken and shrimp on the grill. While all of that was going, I chopped the veggies and pineapple. I cheated and bought a little pack of chopped up scallions(about 3/4 of a cup) and that worked perfectly. I skipped the jalepeno and instead added 2 small bell peppers chopped up pretty fine...one yellow and one orange. If you want to make this really simple then you can just buy pre cut pineapple! I wanted to eat mine out of the pineapple so I bought a whole pineapple and used the fruit from that for the stir fry. I would definitely buy fresh pineapple for this recipe. It's just o much better than canned.
When the rice was cooked and the meat was done, I threw everything in a large skillet and cooked it all together till it was warmed through. I did add the peppers and garlic in first and gave those a quick saute before I added the rest of the ingredients.
This recipe was so delicious and if y'all decide to make it, I hope you love it just as much as we did! My kids ate it faster that my husband and I did!
I will say that I enjoyed scraping the bottom of the pineapple and getting little pieces and the juice with every bite since I decided to use the pineapple as my bowl!


No comments:
Post a Comment