Friday, July 12, 2013

19 week bump update {and some other stuff}

First things first! In case you missed it, we found out what we are having Friday June, 28th. We scheduled an appointment at a 4D ultrasound place in hopes that we would be able to find out( I was 17 weeks that day ). Baby cooperated and we were ecstatic to find out that it's a GIRL!!


When we went in to the appointment I was feeling like it was a girl. I really don't know exactly why...it was just a feeling. When she showed the heartbeat, it was 158bpm. Then my mind began to stir like crazy b/c at the previous app at the drs office, the heartbeat had been in the 170's! Even though it was a bit lower, I still had that gut feeling that it was a girl. I tried to look around on the HUGE screen for something that would indicate if it were a boy or a girl but I honestly had no clue what I was looking at until she started telling us the parts and then I knew what we were looking at. She slipped at one point and said let's see if we can get "her" then there was a huge pause and then she said OR "him" to move a little. She had this huge grin on her face...a grin that said "oops, I let it slip already!". It was funny and I was laughing! At that point Brent and I looked at each other and just new. We were excitedly asking her " wait you said girl! Is it a girl? Do you know??!" She said she was 90% sure but just needed the baby's legs to move out of the criss cross position. And they did and it was a girl!! We are so excited and feel so blessed to be given the chance to raise a girl along with our sweet boy!! 




How Far Along: 19 weeks

Size of baby: Baby Easley is the size of a mangoShe is 6" long and weighs 8.5 ounces.

Maternity Clothes: Not yet( I could be but I'm choosing not to! ). Right now I'm wearing a size up from what I wore pre-pregnancy and it's working out great and I'm still able to wear cute clothes! My belly band is used a lot! 

Gender: GIRL!!! We still have our anatomy appointment at the drs office  and it's on July 15th. Can't wait to see her again!


Movement: A little. I'm feeling those little twitches and bubbles here and there. I can't wait to feel her kick!

Sleep: I'm sleeping great. No complaints.

What I miss: Nothing really

Cravings: Iced coffee and donuts! I get lots of decaf iced coffee and and NOT lots of donuts! I'm trying to not gain as much weight as when I was pregnant w/Rowen. They are so tempting because there is a Dunkin Donuts literally 5 minutes away. No good! haha. 

Symptoms: Nothing major. I can tell I am starting to get out of breathe already when I go for a jog/walk or when we got to the park for a while. This didn't happen to me till around the middle of the 3rd trimester or so the first time around. But like everyone says, everything happens a bit quicker the second time around! And it's true.

Best Moment this week:  Feeling baby girl for the first time. 


5 comments:

  1. Congrats on the girl! That's so exciting! I'm sure Rowen is going to be a great big brother!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for having a baby girl! I agree, that is so, so exciting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats!!! I can't wait to see how you decorate for your little girl.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats. I too love Dunkin iced coffee, I have a hard time driving by one without stopping.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on your baby girl!!! How exciting!

    ReplyDelete