Friday, January 4, 2013

Happy Friday! {latest fashions edition}


It wouldn't be a "happy" Friday without a picture of my smiley little guy!!

I thought I would share some staples in my closet right now and what I have been wearing lately! When it comes to "fashion", I do my own thing! I have always been like that. I guess I happen to like things that are very trendy. I'm attracted to timeless pieces and "popular right now" pieces. I have always wanted to scavenge around in vintage stores but have never looked in to finding those stores here. Sounds like "a must do" to me! 

I hadn't been crazy about skinnies until a few months ago. I think I haven't cared for them in the past because I didn't have shoes/boots to go with them. I had one pair of regular skinny jeans last winter and I wore them all the time so this winter I decided to expand my skinnies number and added 2 more pairs to my closet. This pair is a dark greenish with a tinge of blue. I paired it with a chambray shirt and a light weight mid thigh grey sweater. The skinnies tuck into my Uggs nicely! This is my go-to outfit right now. 
*grey sweater-H&M
*chambray shirt-forever 21
*skinnies-forever 21

Same base layer with a few outer changes. This sweater is a shorter chunky grey sweater and looks good with a button up underneath. Chambray looks good with just about any color. It works well with this lighter grey. I bought these boots back in November and I am so glad that I did. I wear them with lots of things. If I don't want them to be knee high then I can just fold over the top 6 inches and they hit below the knee and have an instant cuff. 
*grey chunky sweater-forever 21
*boots-DSW

I had peplum before peplum was popular! Just being honest. And might I add that it's a pretty cute peplum top. I bought this 2 years ago and dug it out from the back of my closet when the peplum craze hit about 6 months ago. It doesn't work well with a sweater over top so it has been retired for the time being. I love the ruffles and bow at the neckline and the colors worked well for Fall. I typically wore this shirt with jeans and flats.
*peplum top-forever 21
*jeans-Joe's( love this brand! )

This was my outfit today minus the wellies. I wore Uggs instead. This is a go-to outfit on days when I run to Starbucks, run to the post office, and run to Walgreens etc...like I did today. Casual but still super cute. I never leave the house in sweat pants and a sweat shirt. There's nothing wrong with that at all but that's just not me. I always have to put a little something on that doesn't remind me of my pajamas. 
*North Face-it was a Christmas present( it came from Dick's sporting goods )
*Nike compression tights(they fit like leggings )-Dick's 
* Hunter wellies-Nordstrom

I love everything LACE right now! I'm having a hard time finding nice looking lace items in stores but I have found a few things...I bought this lace shirt 2 weeks ago. The royal blue caught my eye. I love the scalloped bottom and there is a fabulous gold zipper on the back. It's really soft and I like the fact that it's fitted. It is truly a pretty piece of clothing! 
*lace shirt-forever 21
*jeans-Hudson

 I posted about this raincoat under "my loves" on Wednesday. I really do love it. I'm kind of monogram obsessed at the moment. When we move into a house hopefully in the near future, I would love to monogram ort last name initial on the front door! Too much??! My mother in law gave me the jacket for Christmas! Great gift, huh?! It came from a local store but I am sure you can buy it somewhere online if you would like one! 

And lastly, this shirt screams my name! And it did when I found it a while back when I walked into a local boutique. It screamed my name so loudly that I went straight from the store door to the back where it was laying all by itself just for me! I like the puffed shoulders and the slim fit through the body but my most favorite thing about this shirt....the rhinestone buttons on the cuffs. They definitely make this plain grey shirt cute! 
*grey shirt-Boutique Bella(Nashville)
*jeans-Hudson

Have a wonderful weekend everyone!! 



10 comments:

  1. Cute outfits! I love the brown boots that can fold over. I'm on a mission to find some new boots.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all of these outfits! I had the same dislike of skinnies until several months ago. Now they're all I wear. I think I have one pair of bootcut jeans.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that waffly grey sweater up there! Found you through the blog hop. :)

    The Blue Hour

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love all the boots, especially the brown ones, very cute! Thanks for the follow, following you back :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aren't they versatile? But I agree, it all has to do with the footwear! Boots, booties and um...boots. You look great! I adore the charcoal cowlneck on the bottom. Lovely!

    Thanks for joining us on the Photo Friday Blog Hop! Hope to see you next week :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, Great post. I found you through the blog hop. Please stop by and say hi when you get a chance. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really like that last shirt.....it's my style! First time visiting from http://atozebracelebrations.com/
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  8. just stumbled across your blog and I had to become a new follower :D I absolutely love your style and all of your pics :):) And Rowen is too cute!! I look forward to reading more posts from you!

    Please come check out my blog some time and follow along if you like what you see

    http://braceface87.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Really cute outfit combinations! Thanks for the comment on my blog. I love hearing from my readers!

    www.thepreppylittlepolkadot.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete