Tuesday, January 1, 2013

2012 in Review

I have been out of town most of our Christmas break and away from the computer. It feels really nice to get back on the blog!! I can't wait to get back in the swing of things and catching up with everyone...starting today! I am going to do a little "2012 review" post today. We have had a lot go on in 2012 and it's going to be fun to look back at it all in this post!

{JANUARY 2012}
Rowen turned 3 months old this month. We had an infant not a newborn at this point! He discovered his hands and really started babbling this month. We also had our first snow of the year. It was a typical Tennessee snow...just a dusting on the ground.

{FEBRUARY 2012}
This month Brent had a birthday and turned 28. We celebrated Valentine's Day by eating dinner and watching a movie at home while our sweet Row was sleeping. Rowen got his first pair of sunglasses also known as baby shades! We also had New Arrivals Day at church and Rowen got announced to the church and he got his very first New Testament Bible with his name on it. I ran in my first race since Rowen's birth. It was a 5k and was pretty hard! I had only been back to working out for about 8 weeks though! I thought I did pretty well! 

{MARCH}
In March, the highly anticipated Hunger Games movie came out. Brent and I went to see it. I thought it was good. They left out parts that I wish they had included but the movie would have been 5 hours long is they included everything in the book. Can't wait to see the second movie. Beth and Robin's birthday was the 10th. We went out and celebrated at Rosepepper! They joined the "30" club :) It was also our nephew, Connor's, second birthday. He had a firetruck themed party! Rowen was 5 months old this month and got his first taste of food...cereal! He wasn't sure about it at first but gobbled it up after the first day.

{APRIL}
In April, Rowen got to try veggies. His first veggie was green peas. He loved them. He also got his first teeth in...the front 2 on the top. My sister in law had her second baby, Cade, in the middle of the month. Rowen visited the Easter bunny and we had a wonderful Easter with family. Brent and I made our very first breakfast items from my Pioneer Woman cookbook. We made the quiche and her iced coffee! Love both of those!! My mouth is watering just thinking about them.

{MAY}
Mother's Day was in May and I got to spend that day with my mom and my sweet baby. Rowen started drinking water from a sippy cup and did really well. He caught on very quickly. He visited the pool for the very first time this month and enjoyed it very much. I was back to my pre baby weight and body. All my regular clothes fit!! I was one excited mama!!


{JUNE}

Rowen and I went to the zoo for the first time with my cousin Angie and her baby Sarah. They had a great time together. I loved going to the zoo over the summer and fall. I was lucky and got to join the "30" club myself this month. I had a wonderful birthday! Father's day was this month and we celebrated with my dad at my parent's house for dinner. Brent and Rowen had a fun day together too! We went to Florida at the end of the month. It was Rowen's first time to go to the beach. He liked the water and the sand. We had a great week with Brent's family.

{JULY}
Rowen got his first sickness. He had the mouth part of hand, foot, and mouth disease. It was just a virus and had to take it's course but poor thing was pretty sick for almost 2 days. The Olympics started this month. Loved all of it!! The summer Olympics are my favorite. Rowen turned 9 months this month and we had his 9 month professional pictures taken. 

{AUGUST}
This month Brent and I celebrated out 2nd anniversary. We went to a nice restaurant and Brent gave me pearl earrings. We tried out our first food truck together one Saturday in August. It was really yummy! We have a lot of good food trucks in town!! We went on quite a few jogs together since it was starting to cool down outside in the evenings. And Brent and I took our first trip without Rowen. We went to Sarasot, FL with another couple. It wasn't as hard as I thought it would be! We missed him terribly though. 

{September}
In September, Rowen had his first play date with Sarah. They had a blast together and played together so well. I bought my first pair of colored skinnies...royal blue. I ran in a 3 mile race. And running was back to being easy breezy for me! Thank goodness! Rowen had mac and cheese( made from scratch ) this month for the first time and of course like it a lot. The VOLS had their first game of the season. I don't remember if they won or lost. They were horrible this year. 

{OCTOBER)
October was a big month for us! Rowen turned one!! Still can't believe it. His party and actual birthday were both fabulous days!! We went to our very first pumpkin patch. Rowen like looking at the pumpkins and giving them all sweet pats. He was a puppy dog for Halloween and was so darn cute!!

{NOVEMBER}
This month was quite chilly so we had to pull out of coats. Rowen really enjoyed going to the park and we went a lot this month. It was actually warm in the afternoons so we took advantage while we could. I bought my first pair of wellies and have been wearing them a lot lately! Thanksgiving was fun as always. I loved Rowen's turkey outfit this year!

{DECEMBER}
This month was a typical "December"! haha. Jam packed with lots and lots of activities. I loved dressing Rowen in his Christmas jammies. We got to visit 2 Santas this year and he did fine with both of them...no screaming and no tears. That's winning, right?! We also got wood floors in our condo this month and are loving them! I always love the month of December and wish it didn't go by so quickly. 

There is The Easley 2012 year in review...whew!

I'm also linking up with Lauren and Tiffany for Tuesday Topics...
I only have 4 resolutions at the moment...I never make resolutions but I feel like these are pretty doable.

1. I want to read Jesus calling all the way through. That's reading a page a day for the whole year. I started the book in October and did ok. This time I want to be very dedicated and plan on reading this during Rowen's first nap in the mornings.

2. I want Brent and I to start reading/saying a prayer with Rowen each night. I know he is still too young to understand what is going on but it's not too early to start saying prayers with him and set a good example! 

3. I would like to read 3 books this year. That'a pretty big deal since I hate reading for fun! I figured I could dedicate 4 months to each book. If they are anything like the Hunger Games series then I could read 3 books in 1 month. haha. If anyone has a suggestion of a good book that will keep my attention, I am up for your input!!

4. I would love to start family traditions...not just Christmas ones! I would love to have 12 new traditions by the end of the year...yes, one new family tradition each month. As soon as we make a new tradition, I will share!!









3 comments:

  1. Rowen is just too cute! Sounds like the most amazing year! I love the one about traditions! You go girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi. i'm following the "GFC" blog hop. i would love for you to visit my blog and follow if you like it.
    http://www.blackinkpaperie.blogspot.com

    thanks
    new follower bev

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your resolutions! I read Jesus Calling daily and I love it. I started around October as well. Yesterday's really spoke to me. I also love the pictures from Rowen's first birthday!

    ReplyDelete