Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Favorite Recipes and Christmas Cards.

I didn't really know what to expect when we put up our Christmas tree...regarding Rowen. I didn't know if he would try to eat it, try to pull the ornaments off, or even try to crawl under it! Well, he does none of those and is actually really good with the tree. He points to the ornaments near the bottom of the tree and will gently touch them with his pointer finger. Brent decided that we shouldn't use the ornament hooks this year just in case one got loose and Rowen grabbed it...that wouldn't be pretty for anyone! So lucky me( haha ), I got to string all the ornaments with bakers twine! It really didn't take that long and I like the way it looks. We also bought shatterproof ornaments. We had a couple break last year thanks to our cats and glass was everywhere under the tree. Glass pieces and a 13 month old=not good! 

We spent a little time yesterday going around the tree and talking about the ornaments that he would point out. He really likes the gold balls, the silver stars( b/c they are shiny! )and the bird ornaments. It's just so fun to watch him discover new things!

I ordered our Christmas cards yesterday and I can't wait to get them in! I'm not giving any previews...sorry! I'll show them eventually but not till we send them out. I ordered them from Minted. They have a great selection and good prices. 
Ordering Christmas cards while watching The Vow( love that movie and I don't cry through it anymore since I have seen it so many times ). I love having our Christmas tree on during the day as well as at night. It makes me really happy! 

Rowen and I had a little Christmas lights photo shoot last week and it was so fun. He was so cute!! This was his first time being up close and personal with Christmas lights...he loved them. I took quite a few pictures but here are just a few.

Isn't he the cutest?!

Who likes Chex Mix?? Me, I do!! Brent made some last night and it's so yummy. I could sit there and eat it and eat it. I made him take it away from me at one point. There are so many different things you can include in your chex mix. Besides the 3 different kinds of Chex cereal, he included cheddar pretzels, bagel chips, cashews, and almonds. Such a yummy holiday snack. I never eat this any other time of the year! I don't know why we just have it around Christmas time. 
Mmmmm!

I'm linking up again with Lauren @Life Love Lauren to share my Tuesday Topic & With Helene for Tell Me About It Tuesday!
  10 Day Challenge Link Up

Today's Topic:
Five Favorite Recipes.
I have lots of favorite recipes so I am going to share some that I have had recently. 
1. Pioneer Woman's Quiche. This is a favorite of both Brent and mine. It's really easy to make and you can eat it for breakfast, lunch, or even dinner. It's very filling!
 Go here for the recipe.
2. One more Pioneer Woman recipe...Barbecue chicken & pineapple quesadillas. These are super scrumptious!! Once again, they are easy to make and require just a few ingredients. These were ours the last time we had them...
Go here for the recipe.
3. Pumpkin chocolate chip cookies. I fixed these for Thanksgiving and LOVED them and so did a lot of other people. These are the type of cookies that are cakey and dense rather than a typical crisp cookie. I found the recipe on Pinterest and this was probably the easiest baking recipe I have tried in a while. If you like pumpkin, you have to try these...even if you aren't crazy about it, I think you might like them! 
Go here for the recipe.
4. Now I haven't exactly tried these yet but I made something similar not too long ago. I found out a little while back( from yes, of course Pinterest )that you can flavor rice krispie treats with a box of Jell-O pudding mix. I made pumpkin spice rice krispie treats back in October and they were de-lish!! 

I found out that Jell-O makes peppermint pudding for a limited time only around Christmas so I am going to make the peppermint rice krispie treats this weekend. I KNOW they will be a new favorite of mine. I love love love anything peppermint!! 
This gal jazzed hers up and they are quite cute but I will be skipping the white chocolste bark around the bottom and the cute straws! Here is the recipe.
5. And lastly, turkey and cream cheese pinwheels. I had these for dinner! I didn't snap a picture but I will quickly tell you the recipe...I use spinach and herb tortillas, chive and onion cream cheese, deli turkey( Boars Head low sodium is my fav ), and shredded iceberg lettuce. Spread a thin layer of the cream cheese on your tortilla, top with lettuce then a few slices of turkey, then you roll it up and cut it into 5 or 6 pieces. Delicious and simple! 


12 comments:

  1. Cuteness! Your little one is darling!
    I was looking at the background and trying to see what you were watching and I thought... Its gotta be THE VOW. And I was right. You confirmed it for me a couple lines down! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Rachel! I'm a new follower. Your little Rowen is so cute. Your cute pics inspire me to take some pics with my little guy and the Christmas lights! =) Meryl
    http://www.mclendonblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. all that food is making my mouth WATER!!! yum!! and yes, he truly is the cutest. and were you watching the vow?! haha

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rowen is so darn cute! I was nervous about my son and our Christmas tree last year, but luckily he did really well. I definitely kept a close eye on him. This year I am more worried about our black lab trying to pee on the tree haha! I should be more worried about my son now that he is so independent and in charge.. silly boy ;D
    That food looks delicious!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i make the pioneer woman's chicken spaghetti... yum!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Rowen is such a handsome little guy!

    Can't wait to see your Christmas card! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi
    Thanks for joining my Bloghop
    Xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh lordy, I need to eat lunch cause this just got real!! ;-)
    Thanks for joining the hop. Hope you are enjoying some new lovely blogs.
    Your newest follower,
    jamie
    http://chatterblossom.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love making Barbecue chicken & pineapple quesadilas. They are the perfect combo of sweet and savory!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The pictures of Rowen and the lights are too cute! I have heard of minted but never checked it out. Good to know they have reasonable prices. Keeping this on file for next year.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yes, Rowan is adorable and so are the light pictures. Never heard of Minted but will definitely be checking it out. Christmas blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  12. OMG those pics of Rowen were adorable! We plan on using minted this year (once we take our Christmas pic haha slackers...) Thanks for linking up with your recipes :D

    ReplyDelete