I have some catching up to do with my posts! Christmas will be later this week but today will be about our sweet baby turning 2 months old. :) Rowen turned 2 months old on December 24...Christmas Eve. We had his 2 month check up this morning...oh the shots! Brent and I were eager to see how much he weighed because we can definitely tell he is getting heavier! I notice especially when I am nursing him!! Whichever arm his head is resting on while he is eating has to be propped up on a pillow. If it isn't, then my bicep starts to ache from the weight of his head. haha!
I love this picture!
His 2 month check up went well this morning. It was great to hear Dr. Brady letting us know that we are doing a great job with Rowen! The reassurance is always nice :) Brent and I have gotten the hang of this baby thing( at least for now )and just love being around our sweet sweet baby. Here are his stats from today:
Head Circumference: 16.5 inches - 90th percentile
Height/Length: 24 inches - 85th percentile
Weight: 12 pounds 12 ounces - 85th percentile
Rowen can hold his head up by himself when held or seated with support. In these pictures, I propped him up with the pillows on our couch and he only fell forward towards me once! His neck is getting so much stronger. We can tell a big difference from when he turned one month old. We are still doing tummy time...he still hates it! He doesn't like being on his stomach. We only have him on his stomach during tummy time. He is really good at focusing on objects that are held in front of him( rattle, toy, book, etc...)and he follows them with his eyes as well as turning his head when you move the object from one side of his head to the other. We are amazed at how quickly he is learning new things!
He LOVES when Brent and I talk to him! He definitely recognizes our faces and our voices. He just laughs and coos every time that I talk to him. He is one happy baby that's for sure. We feel so blessed that he is so happy all-of-the-time!! He especially loves when I say his name to him...I know he doesn't know his name yet but he sure likes the sound of it when I say it to him :) He is still smiling all of the time too. When we read books, he smiles. When we talk to him, he smiles. When he plays with his bug rattle(his favorite toy at the moment), he smiles. I love soaking up his excitement!! Brent thinks he is going to be an early talker since he coos so much. We will see! He also loves the sound of running water. I am guessing it is because it soothes him but if he is crying or fighting sleep, we can put him up on the kitchen counter(standing right beside him of course!)and turn on the sink and he automatically becomes very still and quiet. If he is tired, he will quickly go to sleep when he is listening to the running water.
He is sacked out right now and I think he is sleeping like a rock because he got 3 shots today...it was awful for ME! I had heard all about this appointment and how hard it might be to hear him cry. I didn't know if I would cry or not...I did! Well, I guess I technically didn't because the tears didn't fall down my cheeks but my eyes filled up with tons of tears. It's sad to hear your baby scream when he is in pain. Someone had to hold his hands while the nurse gave the shots and I immediately said "Brent, that is all you". After the shots, the nurse turned around to me and asked if I was okay! I guess she is use to the mothers getting upset. I immediately nursed him and he stopped crying and seemed alright. He has been sleeping a little more than usual since we got back from the appointment and the doctor said that might happen and is definitely normal.
He fell asleep in the car on the way home
Like I mentioned before, Brent and I love how happy he is and love that he is our baby!! We love having him and can't imagine life without him!! *I forgot to mention that he is sleeping an average of 6 hours a night!!* Last night he slept 8 hours! We started to get him on a regular routine around 2 weeks old and it is definitely paying off!! Here are some more pics of Rowen at 2 months old!












Did you nurse him after he got his shots? I nursed Jim and that calmed him down a lot. It helped me to relax too. Glad Rowen is growing! He is adorable.
ReplyDeleteYes, I did nurse him right after and he immediately stopped crying! I will definitely do that after all of his shot appointments!
ReplyDelete-Rachel-