Thursday, January 20, 2011

Never Will I Ever...

"Never will I ever" has changed to "well, I guess I will"! I have known people even good friends of mine who have run the Country Music 1/2 marathon for a few years now. I have always thought they were crazy for running 13 miles! I'm a runner and I love running as I have mentioned before BUT 13 miles?? My body doesn't consider anything over 5 miles as being fun! haha. Believe me, I have tried to get my legs to like longer runs and they don't. Well, I am jumping on the crazy train this year and running the half with 2 of my very best friends :)..Beth and Robin, I'm looking forward to running with y'all!! 




I thought about not training. I mean I can run 5 miles pretty easily. And then I began to think MAYBE I should train a little and get my body really use to 7 or 8 miles! I have run 8 miles once in my life...I don't know what I was thinking or why I ran that far! I know me though and I know that once I get over "the wall" and my legs become numb, I can go for a really long distance! That's probably what's going to happen. But I did scribble down a little training plan for myself. I'll let you know if I stick with it! I'm so excited that I'll get to become part of the 13.1 club! haha!


While running yesterday, I did realize that I need a new pair of running shoes! Mine have really past their prime time of "shoe life". I love Mizzuno's so those are the shoes that I will probably go look at. They work for me and they are actually made for running! I need a pair that's pretty light in weight but has great cushion and arch support...I like both of these-








My current pair is pink so maybe I'll go back to blue! Whichever one is the most comfortable and will keep me going for those t-h-i-r-t-e-e-n miles! I actually am really excited and I think it is going to be a great time! April 30th, here I come and I WILL be ready for you!!


                                       - RACHEL -



No comments:

Post a Comment