A few weeks ago I noticed that our dishwasher had a yucky film on the inside walls and that it smelt a little musty. I had heard of some people using their essential oil, Thieves to clean their dishwasher and thought I would give it a try.
I would much rather use something natural and safe instead of say bleach or a harsh cleaning product. I dropped a few drops into the bottom of the dishwasher, closed the door, and turned it on a short cycle. While it was running, the Thieves aroma started seeping out and filled the kitchen with its yummy smell. When the dishwasher was done running, the inside looked much better, smelled great, and was free and clear of germs! I have decided to do this once a month. Can't hurt, right?!
------------------------------------------------------------------
A few days ago I was reading an article where a girl mentioned that she occasionally put fresh lemon slices in her vacuum bag to make her rooms smell lemony fresh. What a neat idea! We didn't have any lemons but I did have Lavender essential oil and I love the smell of lavender. So I put a few drops on a cotton ball, dropped it in the dirt catcher container, and vacuumed away.
Wouldn't ya know it...the soft scent of lavender filled each room that I vacuumed! It was a light scent but if you would prefer a heavier scent, you could just add more drops to your cotton ball or toss in a second ball. I used lavender but you could also use any other of your essential oils that you love the smell of.


No comments:
Post a Comment