Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Our weekend...

Our weekend was pretty low key. We had lots of family time which I love especially on the weekends! Friday afternoon Brent and I headed to Cheekwood with the kids! That is Rowen's all time favorite place right now. For those that don't know, Cheekwood is a local botanical garden that is very kid friendly. It is so pretty! They always have beautiful plants and flowers in bloom and have different things around that peak kids interests as well. They have an amazing outdoor train track and one of the main trains that runs on the track is Thomas. They also have a treehouse for kids to climb up in and right now they have a Big Bugs exhibit. It's super cool and I happen to have a little 2 and a 1/2 year old that LOVES bugs! 

(from last Wednesday)

The boys

One gigantic spider/spiderweb

**If you want to read about the exhibit, go HERE

Saturday morning my mom took me early birthday shopping! It was so fun to spend time with her. Sweet Isla came too! We were gone for 5 hours! ha. We hit up Opry Mills and went in a lot of stores. Here are some of the items I got...


We even picked up Isla and Rowen a few things...

And I snagged Brent a pair of yellow pants from JCrew for $16!!


That night we had ribs that Brent had been cooking while I was gone. They were delicious!! Anyone been to the famous barbeque joint in Memphis called Rendezvous? He used their rib seasoning! They sell it at Publix. 

On Sunday afternoon we headed to a local park where a snocone food truck was parked! I love doing random fun things like that!! They don't sell those gross snocones that are red and blue and come in a paper cone shaped cup...no no, their snocones are amazing! And they don't call them snocones but snoballs. 


It was definitely a fun filled weekend! 






1 comment:

  1. That botanical garden looks so fun and kid-friendly! And yum - snowcones!

    ReplyDelete